Thursday, December 25, 2008
Oh yeah. Someone really liked this idea of ours and is now doing this same thing on Saturday. I have had a LOT of people confused, thinking we had changed the date. We have NOT. It is still tomorrow (Friday). I want to see everyone... so come!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
And believe me- it came at the perfect time. I have been sick, and cleaning up throw up from THREE kids for FIVE days. I banished Brandt from the house for finals- good thing my MIL is a saint and came to the rescue!
Friday, December 5, 2008
Attention HHS Graduates between 1999-2002. We are planning a little get together at the park over christmas time. Nothing formal, just bring your spouse, kids, significant other, or just yourself, and come for a few minutes or a few hours. We will being having chili, since it is a super easy one dish dinner. Anyone who would be willing to bring a pot of chili or some drinks please email Becca at firstname.lastname@example.org. Amber and I will both be bringing chili (but we need like 8 more people) and providing the cups, spoons, bowls, etc.
Where: Freestone Park (exact location TBD)When: Friday, Dec. 26, 2008 @ 5:00 pm
~ Becca Judy Nelson, Amber Ferrell Palmer, and Britney Walker Bassett
Friday, November 28, 2008
Playing with "Peachie" the caterpillar. And no- Oakley did NOT want to hold him.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
"Mommy according to Kalle"
1. What is something mommy always says to you? "You love me so much"
2. What makes mommy happy? "If I don't die, and if Brennen doesn't die, and if Goobie doesn't die... oh... you and me would be SO sad."
3. What makes mommy sad? "If a bad guy took our clock and food and money"
4. How does mommy make you laugh? "by bringing good surprises home"
5. What was mommy like as a child? "She liked to paint like me"
6. How old is your mommy? "11"
7. How tall is your mom? "I'll count okay... 1,2,3,4,5... you're five inches"
8. What is her favorite thing to do? Go to the store... with just me"
9. What does your mommy do when you're not around? "clean up the house"
10. If your mommy becomes famous, what will it be for? "cause they love you"
11. What is your mommy really good at? "riding bikes"
12. What is your mommy not very good at? "painting the gate brown like daddy"
13. What does your mommy do for her job? "clean up the house"
14. What is your mommy's favorite food? "cucumbers and snow peas"
15. What makes you proud of your mommy? "I can't think of an answer"
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? "Ellen" -- So funny, because I have stopped watching Ellen, and have net seen it in over a month!
17. What do you and your mommy do together? "play ponies"
18. How are you and your mommy the same? "We both wear clothes"
19. How are you and your mommy different? "We don't wear the same clothes"
20. How do you know your mommy loves you? "cause one day you told me"
Kalle tags: Jaxon, Peyton and Hailey, Ryan Moore, Hailee Anderson, Ethan Woods, and "Little Man" Hodges!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Example Two: After relief society I went to go pick up Kalle and Oakley from nursery. When the nursery leader looked at me, I knew one of my kids had done something naughty. Then she told me Kalle wouldn't stop spitting on people.
Kalle was very sad when I informed he she was not allowed to watch that video again for a LONG time.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
2) Ask yourself, "How long does it take me to make the bed in the morning?" Now, divide that by two, and ask yourself, "By making half the bed for me (while asking yourself, remember to keep in mind that you should be making the whole bed since you got up last), is someone teaching me a lesson, or is someone helping me by saving me half the time of making the bed?
3)How long would it take you to put your hair in a ponytail? 5 seconds? 10 seconds?
4) What can I say, I'm an accountant and an attorney in training - I'm frugal (some may say cheap). However, there is a lot of junk in that trunk though.
5)I guess I have funny dreams???
6) "Smokie, Go Go, and Jobby." - need I say more?
Monday, November 10, 2008
5 quirks about Amber that others may not know (according to Brandt)
1. She does a little hop when she bowls. I don't get to see it very often because she hates bowling.
2. Everytime she walks up our stairs, she looks at the mirror above the piano to check out her rear. (Amber does not agree with this one)
3. She walks around the house with no pants on most of the time.
4. When she finds a good book, she will spend hours upon hours reading.
5. When she plays defense in basketball, she yells "BALL BALL BALL" over and over really loudly to destract the other player.
6. She has to be leaning over to brush her teeth, with the water running, because she has to spit every few seconds. She doesn't like the spit to build up. Every time she spits, she washes her toothbrush in the running water.
5 quirks about Amber that others may not know (according to Amber)
1. I have whole conversations in my head with people before I actually talk to them. I "practice" every conversation I can think of sometimes if I am nervous. I especially hate leaving messages on people's phones because I will practice in my head what I am going to say, and then it will all come out wrong, and I will sound like a moron.
2. I don't usually remember my dreams, but when I do they are so terrible. All about loved ones dying tragic deaths (2 days in a row I dreamed about Brandt's little brothers dying- one falling down several stories through the middle of a circular staircase- the other falling into a raging sewage drain during a huge storm.), or about me doing horrible things (like giving my kids up for adoption because they were too much work or killing a robber by hitting him over and over in the head with a metal baseball bat). Sorry if that was too much info.
3. I really love to eat. I will think all day about what good food I should eat. Luckily, I really like healthy food(I do eat junk sometimes too, don't get me wrong), and I don't usually eat when I am not hungry.
4. I love the sound of running water. When I am pregnant, I will take multiple baths during the day just because I am feeling so crappy. The sound of the water is soothing and peaceful to me.
5. I don't like my bones to be touched. Growing up, I had a weird thing about people touching my collar bones. Now it is anywhere a bone sticks out- shins, knees, ankle bone, etc.
5 quirks about Brandt that others may not know (according to Amber)
1. He washes his face more often than should be humanly possible. About 200 times a day.
2. If I am last out of bed in the morning and I forget to make it, he will only make his side to "teach me a lesson."
3. It takes him longer to do his hair than it takes me to do mine. No joke, like 5 minutes.
4. He does not like me to drive with any extra weight in the car because of "gas mileage." He even goes so far as to check my trunk quite often to make sure I am not "hiding" any extra weight.
5. He giggles in his sleep. He will wake me up with his laughing at night.
6. Whenever I say a saying (or anything for that matter) that he has never heard, he will say something about "those Ferrells." He had never heard the term "rubber necker" until about a year ago when I said it. He thought I was nuts.
5 quirks about Brandt that others may not know (according to Brandt)
(After reading my list of his quirks, Brandt has refused to fill out his list. I think I offended him.)
I tag anyone who graduated from Highland High.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
"He couldn't even chomp it. It would slide all the way down, and he could die. And Heavenly Father would have to catch him- even Jesus."
An hour later:
Kalle doesn't like Oakley to do "girly" things like playing with dolls. She was trying to look at a Ulta 3 magazine that came in the mail- and he wanted to look, too. I was still a bit shocked when she said, "Mom! Oakley is trying to look at a Girly Magazine!"
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Kalle sporting the "bandana head" to keep her curlers in all day until her (one of six) halloween parties.
Brennen fell asleep mid-bite. He was pretty tired!