Saturday, May 7, 2011

Kids say the darndest things

I know I am biased, but my kids have been cracking me up lately with the things they say. So I have tried to write them down when I have a pen handy...

Brennen, looking at his new goldfish, "Mom, Aqua has BIG eyebrows!"

Oakley's prayer one night: "Please help Jesus to come back to earth again. Please help Laman and Lemuel to come back to Earth and to be not mean- nice! And please help them not to kill anybody when they come back to earth. Please help us to be nice and kind, and please help us to share with others."

A conversation from the car... This one pretty much melted my heart and cracked me up at the same time.
Me: Oakley, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Oakley: A Missionary.
Me: Kalle, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Kalle: I will go on a mission, and get married in the temple, and live on a farm... with a horse.
Me: What if your husband doesn't want to live on a farm?
Kalle: I will only marry someone who loves Heavenly Father and wants to live on a farm!
Me: Brennen, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Brennen: A cow!



Brennen, as the three kids play with their piggy banks, "My piggy bank is different from Oakley and Kalle's. Mine has sunshine on it!"

Kalle's prayer, "We are thankful Mari's daddy didn't die when his heart blew up. Please help him to feel better."

Oakley told me one day he didn't want to get married. I said he didn't have to, but I thought he would change his mind once he got older. He said, "Ok, I will. But, when I get married... I'm kinda scared. You know- to bend her over." (As he does a dancing dipping motion)

All three kids were coloring pictures. Kalle said she was making hers for Daddy. Oakley said he was making his for cousin Jaxon. Brennen thought about it for a minute and said, " I'm making this for Jesus when he comes back to Earth."

Oakley, after seeing a picture of Uncle Jared holding a rattle snake, "The whole world is getting snakey!"

Last night I was teasing Brandt.
Brennen: Why are you guys laughing?
Me: Because I am teasing Daddy.
Brennen: Why?
Me: Because I like to tease him.
Brennen: Why?
Me: Because he is my best friend.
Brennen (with a look like I am absolutely crazy): No he's NOT! He's your MOTHER!

This one is an oldie but goodie from Kalle:
Kalle: Mom, I will marry Jaxon (her cousin)
Me: What about Oakley? I thought you wanted to marry him?
K: Uh, he can marry Samara (Kalle's friend), and we will all live in this house.
M: What about me and Daddy?
K: Sorry- it will be too crowded.
M: Yes, especially when you have a baby.
K: I will name my first baby Lilly... or my horse.
M:Oh yeah? What will you name your first boy?
K: Um... Rocky or Judas!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

you made my night! Hysterical!

Karen said...

I love it. It's so fun to listen to kids. Being a mom is a funny job.

AnnaMarie said...

So funny! I love them all! You should do a twitter feed with those...it's so easy to just write them down when they say them. If I'm not by my computer, sometimes I compose a text message and write it down later.

m.estelle said...

happy mother's day, woman!!

love you back!

xo